The MYLAPS EventApp used at the Standard Chartered Kuala Lumpur Marathon has been voted ‘Best Sports Digital Platform of the Year’! The price was awarded at the SPIA Asia conference last week.
SPIA Asia (Asia’s Sport Industry Awards & Conference) is a leading organization in the sport industry and attracts all major stakeholders in sports to their conference (organizers, sponsors, marketing agencies).
The jury measured nominees based on:
• Engagement of all stakeholders
• Effectiveness of the platform
• Sponsor value
Number 1 app in App Stores at race day
At race day the Kuala Lumpur Marathon app was the number 1 app in the App Stores in Malaysia. With key features like Live Tracking, Selfies and event information, the users really enjoyed the app, resulting in an average rating of 4.4 (out of 5) in the Google Play Store. The average session duration was almost 10 minutes (9:44). The Selfie feature also turned out to be a big success, with a total of 7,383 in-app selfies.
Other award winners at the SPIA Asia Conference were:
• Formula 1 Rolex Australian Grand Prix (Best Sports Event Hospitality Offering of the Year)
• Red Bull Air Race World Championships 2017 – Abu Dhabi (Red Bull by Blink Experience)
• Australian Open 2017 (Best International Sporting Event Sanctioned by an International Federation)