The general conditions of sale and delivery of MYLAPS apply to this warranty policy. These terms can be found at test.mylaps.info/en/termsconditions. This document contains the primary warranty regulations and the warranty periods for MYLAPS products.
1. General conditions for warranty and insurance
Within 14 days after a defect in the functioning of the equipment has been found the defect must be reported in writing to MYLAPS. The buyer is responsible for shipment of the equipment to the MYLAPS from which the equipment was purchased. MYLAPS will examine the equipment after receipt. When MYLAPS finds a defect in the equipment, it will repair this defect if possible. If repair of the equipment is not possible, then equivalent equipment will be made available if the equipment is still within the warranty period. When the warranty period of the equipment has passed, MYLAPS shall contact the buyer to discuss the alternatives for repair or replacement. If there is no defect in the functioning of the equipment detected, MYLAPS shall contact the buyer to discuss the alleged malfunctioning. If the equipment is to be returned to the buyer, this will be at the expense of the buyer. If the equipment is visually damaged, warranty does not apply; except when this is explicitly mentioned. If the malfunctioning of the equipment is caused by carelessness, negligence, willful misconduct or recklessness, warranty does not apply. The equipment has to be used in accordance with the rules in the manual at all times. Firmware on decoders, systems or servers has to be updated until the most recent version. For other and additional warranty regulations, MYLAPS refers to the general conditions of sale and delivery.
2. Warranty and insurance X2 Transponders / FLEX transponders & X2 Racelink
MYLAPS guarantees the functioning of the transponder (both Motorized (X2 & FLEX) Transponders and ProChip Flex transponders) without any time limitation under the following conditions.
- Buyer has an active subscription;
- The subscription period of the transponder or Racelink has not been interrupted for more than three months;
- Buyer extends his subscription for at least one more year;
- Visual damage is allowed under the insurance program; for example due to fire or damage caused during normal use;
- Theft and loss are explicitly excluded from the insurance;
- The transponder or Racelink is used in accordance with the rules in the manual;
- The damage to the transponder or Racelink is not caused by carelessness, negligence, willful misconduct or recklessness;
- This insurance may be invoked once every three years.
3. Warranty periods
a. Motorized Sports Products
- Transponders, Classic – 2 years
- Transponders, X2, FLEX – Unlimited warranty under the above mentioned conditions
- Racelink – Unlimited warranty under the above mentioned conditions
- Decoders/Systems/Servers – 2 years
- Loops & cables – 2 years
- Accessories – 2 years
b. Active Sports Products
- ProChip Transponder, Classic – 2 years
- ProChip Transponders, Flex Unlimited warranty under the above mentioned conditions
- ChampionChip Transponders – 2 years
- ChampionChip Decoders – 2 years
- ChampionChip Mats – 2 years
- BibTags no warranty
- BibTag Decoders – 2 years
- BibTag Mats – 2 years
c. Software and services
- There is no warranty period applicable on neither software products nor services.